Friday, May 1, 2009

You know....

When I started this blog I didn't think anyone would be interested in what I had to say. I am amazed that over 1,500 have read this blog and I am grateful for that.

My old drafting lamp that I have had for over 25 years finally packed it in - man was that investment of $140.00 worth every penny. So....now I need to replace it. The Ott-lite is way overpriced in Canada (as is a lot of other products) and even with the 40% at Michael's, it was out of my price range.

Hubby (who can be very useful at times) suggested I look at the Save-on Foods rewards...I have been eying this lamp for years and I went in on Sunday and ordered it...a whole 39,000 points (which I have a lot of) for the DayLight Table Lamp. When I got home from work there was a message on the answering machine that my lamp was in. Wonderful! I have two cards to make this evening and the new lamp will come in handy. Mind you, the old lamp still worked----just buzzed like an under-oiled saw!!!

I didn't really want a table lamp as I am space-constricted and I wanted a clamp-on like the old one. I sat down on the kitchen floor with a feeling of Christmas/birthday (my birthday is on Wednesday so this was fun) and unpacked the lamp (even came with a magnifying glass attachment). I went to my work station and sadly packed up the old one. As I was placing the new lamp I noticed that it had to be inserted into the base...hmmmm...will it fit in the old lamp clamp? YIPPEE!!! It fits!

Man, it was like going from night to day (no pun intended DayLight). My old lamp was 13 watt and the new one is 18 watt. I sat there working on cards until 1:30 in the morning and my eyes did not hurt. I was not overheated from the lamp...It was wonderful.

So, cards....When I was making the engagement card for my friend's daughter I screwed up one and I hung on to it. I clipped the corners wrong and so when I found out my nephew just became engaged I dug it out> put flowers in each corner with crystal centers and presto...good as new.



We are heading up the the Okanagan as my niece is celebrating her 16th birthday...man it seemed like yesterday that my brother phoned to say she was born! I sure love the card that Sharon did on her blog "No Time To Stamp" and the layout seems to be my favorite at the moment.



Sheesh editing the rotation of photos - I am just now starting to get the hang of it. Just wish I had the option directly in the "composition" area of the blog.....

Anyway, to whoever reads this...have a wonderful weekend.

Cat

No comments: