Friday, May 22, 2009

On a sunny day...

Gorgeous weather, nephew and fiance on their way here for the weekend to see the man who is supposed to be his groomsman. He was injured in a MVA and is paralized....not good.

I belong to the Wishblade user group (I own a Silhouette) and a poster by the name of Michelle has a niece Emily who, at 17 is a very active young lady. She has been hospitalized with a serious problem and could be facing major brain surgery. Michelle has asked the other users to send Emily a "get well" card and this is the one I am sending to her:



I got my Bow Easy and it sure was easy to make the bow. Thanks to Kyle Wingfield I managed to get the mouse "Copic'd" and just the way I wanted it to look and I used my Scor-pal to mark the grid-look.

I spotted this card at Be Creative and even though I do not have the pastels that were used I did it anyway. I think this will make a great anniversary card to the "Tweetest" couple I know:



I used Glaze pens for the birds and watered down Marvy Markers for the background. It was a lot of fun and a different technique for me to use.

I sat through Heraldine's demo today on the Big Shot (even though I have the Cuttlebug) and I learned a few things I want to try with my Nestabilities.

Have a great day
Cat

No comments: